February 19th, 2004
|03:19 pm - BINGLY BINGLY BEEP, IRONY OVERLOAD|
Long story short:
1. Perfesser of Sociology at Mars Hill College in North Carolina, to illustrate the point that "...public nudity is unacceptable in American society", offers an A to any student who would strip naked in class. (The offer is made, of course, in the presumption that every student would adhere to the observation of said American taboo and refuse to let it all hang out.)
2. One student shrugs and strips.
3. College officials declare state of "shock, outrage, blah blah blah", force perfesser into "activating his retirement."
4. Perfesser's original point is made and how.
5. Irony floods the little town of Mars Hill.
6. Student does not receive A.
How's that shame-based society working out for us, then?
|Date:||February 19th, 2004 12:38 pm (UTC)|| |
Dude, they totally should have gotten their A. Grr.
I was pretty much just rolling my eyes at the article up until that point, and then it turned into a loudly-proclaimed "OH, COME ON."
It's the ironic icing on top of the cake of "OH, COME ON."
What, this was a sociology class and someone reported him? Since when did prudes take sociology?
Awesome. Just superb.
Someone needs to call the Toxx clause on this guy so he loses tenure. That student deserved an A.
|Date:||February 19th, 2004 03:58 pm (UTC)|| |
*nod* Come to think of it, I got an 'A' in the course that I took my clothes off in, too.
God damn that's a great story. It's like a fucking urban legend springing out in full battle armor from Zeus's head.