1. Perfesser of Sociology at Mars Hill College in North Carolina, to illustrate the point that "...public nudity is unacceptable in American society", offers an A to any student who would strip naked in class. (The offer is made, of course, in the presumption that every student would adhere to the observation of said American taboo and refuse to let it all hang out.)
2. One student shrugs and strips.
3. College officials declare state of "shock, outrage, blah blah blah", force perfesser into "activating his retirement."
4. Perfesser's original point is made and how.
5. Irony floods the little town of Mars Hill.
6. Student does not receive A.
How's that shame-based society working out for us, then?