1. Now that profile has been in place since 1999. The Weird> it was quoting from (a forum where every post is anonymous) didn't even exist for nearly four fucking years. Thufir don't exist on ISCA anymore. (Well, not the Thufir we all know and love. The new Thufir's a chick. Kinda like Dax on Deep Space 9.) The poster who came up with that brilliant quote (Marie Laveau) don't exist on ISCA anymore. And now that profile don't exist on ISCA anymore.[Mail> msg #61900149 (1 remaining)] Read cmd -> Next Dec 2, 2003 16:05 from Selat (Sysop) to Spatch Greetings, The following has been removed from your profile for violating the policy helpfile regarding Weird>. Namely that weird posts, either real or fake are not allowed anywhere on ISCABBS. This includes user profiles. As this is a new policy, no warning is being issued here. *********** I want whatever drug Thufir or Spatch is taking. I want to ride that technicolor zauerkraut flavored hellion merry go round. [Chow Yun Weirdabe> msg #1798501 (1 remaining)] [Mail> msg #62051632 (0 remaining)] Read cmd ->
2. This "black hole" policy concerning Weird>, of all forums, is just incredibly fucking stupid.
3. The sysop should've mailed me and requested I change the profile instead of doing it automatically. This allows the user, who had not heard of this new policy and therefore did not think he was doing anything wrong, to take the responsibility himself to conform to the "new policy" and fix it and be a good little doobee and all that. Changing the profile immediately and without notification sends this: OH HEY YOU BAD BAD PERSON YOU DID SOMETHING BAD AND WE DONE FIXED IT FOR YOU, BUT DON'T WORRY, IN OUR BENEVOLENCE WE DIDN'T ISSUE A WARNING YOU LUCKY SOUL YOU.
4. This "black hole" policy concerning Weird>, of all forums, is just incredibly fucking stupid.
5. The last time I got "sanctioned" by a sysop was in 1996, when one of them realized that no, you can't live in Massachusetts and have 90210 for your zip code. No, wait. I was twitted for a week in 1998 because they thought I was plotting an insurrection against someone's x-disable list in Weird>. That was fun.
6. WHICH OF YOU BASTARDS NARCED?
7. ISCA sucks.
I've been on that damn BBS since 1994. My 10-year anniversary is coming up there in a month or so. Almost all of my online circle of friends either came from ISCA originally or knows me through someone who did. I've dated and kissed how many Roomaides and Sysops? You know. All that. But now the BBS is a former shell of what it used to be. Nobody I knows posts there regularly anymore. The truncated WHOlist, which used to number over 1000 simultaneous logins, now doesn't even fill up one screenful of scroll. I log in every two months or so just to keep the username. I know, I can't let go -- even though everybody else has -- but it's just a legacy, a database entry, a six-digit usernumber that I can't give up. (Yeah, remember when six-digits were the newbies? Yeah. Sup.)
So now this is my profile. I bet I'll get yelled at for this, too, as it "violates the happy spirit of ISCA" or something. Who knows. Note the outdated address and the outdated web address. Come and get me, you bastards. I'll be waiting.
Spatch Cambridge, MA 02140 Email: email@example.com WWW: http://spatch.ne.mediaone.net ONLINE since: 12/11/2003 1:20 from 213.subnet192. The following has been removed from your profile for violating the policy helpfile regarding Weird>. Namely that weird posts, either real or fake are not allowed anywhere on ISCABBS. This includes user profiles. As this is a new policy, no warning is being issued here.