001. Drums on Easy are more fun than anything you can do without violating obscenity laws. Medium is okay too but Easy teaches you the finer art of the foot pedal and hitting eighth notes with it and stuff.
010. The Fender Stratocaster is a beautiful looking device. But the strum bar is mushy and I don't know if it's a product defect, but it doesn't like registering too many sixteenth notes in a row. Or sometimes it doesn't even like recognizing three eighth notes in a row. Needless to say this makes playing the bass quite difficult. I shall have to do some experimenting. It also really doesn't like being tilted up to kick in to Overdrive. I've heard some folks have found the way to fix this is to point the neck down when you're starting the game in an attempt to "calibrate" the position sensor. I also welcome any other bits of advice y'all may have.
The Gibson Xplorer, which Activision made for GH3, is clicky and hasn't had nearly as many downstrum problems and hits Overdrive most of the time, but its scale is smaller than the Strat's and so the neck is wee tiny. Hrumph. Some folks just can never be pleased. Good thing I'm getting the hang of the drums.
011. I can understand the logic behind keeping one character to one role -- your singer can't moonlight as a drummer, and you can't have a guitarist and drummer with the same name -- but the whole "band leader" thing is counterintuitive to our happy shared collective.
I mean, example here: Tonight, Chris, Carolyn and I were all playing in The Bacon Sandwiches (with or without an umlaut over any of the vowels; your choice.) My guitarist Dale Liverstuss had founded the band. Chris' guy Shade was the other guitarist, and Carolyn had a vocalist. No problem. We started Band World Tour and made it to I think Seattle.
But then we wanted to switch around. I wanted to play drums and bring in Martha Ramone, the pirate drummer. We had to start a new band because I was giving up Dale Liverstuss, and Chris wanted to keep playing Shade. Hey, maybe Dale was working on his solo career and couldn't make this tour. You never know. But Dale is the Bacon Sandwiches, apparently, so the lead guitar and vocalist had to go find another group to be a part of. I dunno. Does this make sense to you? If so, call 1-800-YER-ON-CRACK.
100. The downloadable stuff is good, good, good. And in June, they'll be releasing the Pixies' "Doolittle" in its entirety. Next week Judas Priest's "Screaming for Vengeance" will be the first full album download. The Cars' self-titled album will show up in May, and then in June, yeah. Fortunately, I'll have some money again by then.
101. Mountain Dew Various Colored Fruity Caffeinated Beverages truly are rock juice.
110. I played one game online but the game wasn't calibrated right for the new display I put it on and I felt kinda silly. I also need a headset so I can go "OH OKAY THAT'S HOW I'M SUPPOSED TO DO THINGS, THANKS." But again, that'll come once we have money again. We kinda stripped the Money Tree bare today for quite some time.
111. ROCK BAND ROCK BAND ROCK BAND ROCK BAND.