?

Log in

No account? Create an account
EXCELSIOR, YOU FATHEAD!

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> FREE ICE CREAM

November 13th, 2003


Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry
04:00 pm - My car is dead.
Well, turns out the missing spark plug wires were the least of my problems. The car also needs a new distributor -- and the cost of replacing that far exceeds what I can currently afford.

So I am adjusting to a car-less existence at the moment. The car is parked out at the bottom of Craigie Street, all sad and lonely because it cannot be driven, and I am trying to figure out what the hell to do with it before Wednesday, which is when it needs to be moved to another location because of Fucking Street Cleaning. It appears that the poor thing will probably have to be towed 100 miles to my dad's driveway in Hatfield, because I can't seem to find anybody in Boston with an extra parking spot and no real need for it for ... quite some time, as I don't know when I'll be able to save up enough to fix the car and still afford rent and utilities and whatnot. And right now, hovering above and around the $0 balance, it ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Though if you do have an extra off-street spot and wouldn't be adverse to a little non-moving Honda Civic living there for a while, please let me know. I'd be grateful and could repay you in trade or dinners or good thoughts from Abbie El Gato.

But I'm not sure if I ever want to have a car while living in Somerville again. This city and the miscreants who dwell within have decided they don't like my car and don't want me driving it, and I really can't afford any more bullshit from pranksters who write phantom parking tickets, smash headlights, steal gas caps, rip out spark plug wires and do God-knows-what with distributor caps.

Fuckem.

(6 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:betweenstations
Date:November 13th, 2003 09:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'd guess Boston isn't the best of places to find random people with 'extra' parking. Isn't it illegal by statute to have 'extra' parking?
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:derspatchel
Date:November 13th, 2003 10:11 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well, I hope to have it drivable again sometime. Maybe not in the near future, but sometime soon. I don't want to fully give it up simply because it just needs a new distributor cap. But it's a good thing to think about when the time comes to get a new car.
[User Picture]
From:coffeebeanben
Date:November 14th, 2003 03:54 am (UTC)
(Link)
If you can find a place to put the car and if you can afford to buy just the part, I can probably replace the distributor for you. I've got the tools. Trouble is I have no idea when I'll have the time to get myself eastward from Amherst. Someone seems to have applied an extra thick coat of ValleyGlue (you didn't think those horses were for riding, did you?) to my shoes.
[User Picture]
From:trysha
Date:November 13th, 2003 09:56 pm (UTC)

:(

(Link)
As much as I hate to say it - the source of your problems are this:

You have a honda civic.

The #1 modified, rice boy car. Some teenage punk with a riced out civic probably lives near you and has a new distributor cap for his car. He probably broke his trying to put in some sort of engine mod.

(sorry i'm not much help, i am paying for a parking space in arlington myself - they said I cannot keep it when the winter happens, parking sucks)

[User Picture]
From:cheezdanish
Date:November 14th, 2003 01:13 am (UTC)

Re: :(

(Link)
She's probably right. Civics are the numero Uno broken into and stolen cars. (Saturns are last place. SUVs, suprisingly, hover in the middle of the list.)

On the plus side, I'd be more than happy to have your car parked here... we'll leave the details of an entire continent being in the way to those ivory tower eggheads.
From:(Anonymous)
Date:November 15th, 2003 09:25 pm (UTC)

Distributor cap?

(Link)
Did you say, distributor cap? Or distributor?

'Cause distributor caps are, like, seven bucks at the parts store. And installable by just about anyone...which is what makes 'em easy to steal.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com