June 5th, 2007
|09:08 am - I TALKED TO THE DOCTOR WHO SHOW ON THE TELEVISION|
I kept talking to the TV. And the cat. The TV does more when you talk to it than the cat.
They're almost in order but I think if you've seen the episode, the context is gleaned.
1. "Mother of mine, you were right. I kept making this face and it froze that way."
2. "Well, at least the family had the foresight to not outsource their goon needs to mutant pig men."
3. "Oh, if only Mike and Tim would show up now, riding on their Battlebot..."
4. "Edwardian England was apparently known as the Age When Nobody Thought To Use Fire On A Bunch Of Goddamn Scarecrows."
5. "No wonder the family is such a cranky bunch if green light shines in their face every time they try to think."
6. "Got you with my patented Smell Like A Human trick! Ha ha!"
7. "The fuck is up with this narration? This is like the Sunset Boulevard of Doctor Who episodes."
8. "I'm gonna miss you most of all, Scarecrow. *ziiip*"
8. "Ooh, more narration! With exposition so great, one narrator was NOT ENOUGH!"
9. "Seriously, we've already had Simon Pegg on the show. When are Nick Frost and Mark Heap showing up?"
10. "Yeah, wear his watch in your pocket for good luck, and when that shell comes whistling down upon you and your chum, it'll harmlessly and ironically bounce off your chest." (glad I was wrong on that one.)
11. "And if you look carefully over in that trench, you can see Rowan Atkinson with his shorts on his head and two pencils up his nose."
12. "JUST LEAVE HER OUTSIDE! TELL HER IT'S CROYDON! RUN!"
The Remembrance Day scene was especially poignant, though, as all good war memorials should be. I still can't figure out how I felt about the entire two-parter though.
PS. Eccleston could play vengeful. He could play pissed off as fuck vengeful. Watch him completely go unhinged when speaking to the Dalek in, uh, Dalek. Tennant plays, uh, well, he didn't say much during the "TASTE THE IRONIC FURY OF A TIME LORD SCORNED" sequence, did he?
|Date:||June 5th, 2007 01:47 pm (UTC)|| |
See, here you have the difference between a good actor and an enthusiastic fan.
Deamnn Eccleston forever for Spoiling us so - in one measely season.
|Date:||June 5th, 2007 03:02 pm (UTC)|| |
Every episode of last season I imagined him saying the Doctor's lines instead of Tennant, and consequently became maudlin.
I mean, I like David Tennant, I think he does a wonderful job as the Manic Doctor, but why does HIS run have to include the emo stuff? He's better happy-go-lucky!
|Date:||June 6th, 2007 02:57 am (UTC)|| |
I dunno. I think the quiet anger bit was way more effective than shouty Nine was in "Dalek." No yelling, no hysterics -- just some major effing eternal punishment for a Family that *really* pissed him off.
Maybe that's how you know Ten is really mad - he stops screaming (and Tennant's been a lot better about not screaming all the time this season).
I even forgave the Martha In Wuv Angstycakes this time. That's how much I liked this episode. It's really time to let that go now, though.
Agreed! I thought this two-parter worked pretty darn well, personally.
*collapses, giggling madly, line for line*
I can't picture Eccie sobbing and cringing the way our boy Ten just did, but I'm with you on the letdown ending.
"iiitty-bitty living space"
Once again I am really, really sick of the "Companion pines after the Doctor" angle they're force-feeding us this season.
Unless they're setting us up to loop back to the original Doctor at some point, because after all she was his granddaughter.
I am hoping that if they do indeed loop around to Susan, there is only one subtle reveal for that. "Well, her grandmother was matron at a boys' school..."
not eight minutes of the show going OH HAY GUESS WHAT WHEN TEH DOCKTOR WAS HUMAN HE HAD "RELTIONS" WITH THAT PRETY LADY OH LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT AGAIN DID YOU HEAR THAT GUYS I WROTE A STORY WHERE THE DOCTOR HAD "REALATIONS" I AM THE BESTEST PERSON WHO EVER TOOK THE DOCTOR WHO UNIVERSE SOMEWHERES LOLZ
(not listening! lalalalalalalala!)
You really need to have a tag for your Doctor Who stuff. I'm a few episodes behind, but I love reading your commentary. But I have to go dig dig dig for it once I've reached the relevant episode.
I need easier access to your genius!
This would mean I'd actually have to go back and start, like, using tags. They're a good concept. I like them in the background helping keep things nice and tidy. But for some reason I don't particularly care to see them at the bottom of every entry. Or even at the top. Guess I'm kinda weird that way, but then how do I get people to notice which tags are on what?
Hmm. Perhaps scotch will help this conundrum. Must ruminate later.
|Date:||July 12th, 2007 08:10 pm (UTC)|| |
yay doctor who tags!!
|Date:||July 12th, 2007 07:55 pm (UTC)|| |
i loved this entry!