If you want this choice positionWait, that's the wrong one.
Have a cheery disposition
Rosy cheeks, no warts
Play games, all sorts
You must be kind, you must be witty
Very sweet and fairly pretty
Take us on outings, give us treats
Sing songs, bring sweets
Never be cross or cruel
Never give us castor oil or gruel
Love us as a son and daughter
And never smell of barley water
If you won't scold and dominate us
We will never give you cause to hate us
We won't hide your spectacles so you can't see
Put toads in your bed or pepper in your tea
Hurry, Nanny, many thanks
Jane and Michael Banks
Here it is!
- Very close to Davis Square, also close to Ball Square and Tufts. Less than a five-minute walk to the T.
- on quiet street protected from traffic by a maze of twisty one-way streets, all alike
- $750/month plus utilities (steam heat powered by gas, so heat goes on gas bill)
- washer and dryer in unit
- gigantic, friendly cat with popular weblog (full disclosure: we are considering hiring a cleaning service to help deal with the gigantic amounts of shedding)
- 1.5 baths, dining room, living room, tv room (used to be fourth bedroom but shouldn't be; we managed to argue down the rent when switching to 3 people), pantry, two porches, storage space in basement and some under eaves
- driveway shared with downstairs neighbors -- we use it rarely
The apartment is most of the top two stories of a 2-unit house. It was built in 1910 and some things have not been renovated since, but overall it is in good shape.
The open room is reasonably large, faces the driveway, has the access to the eaves from its closet, and it doesn't share walls with the nearby bedrooms.
Who we are looking for:
- Carbon-based humanoid lifeform or reasonable robotic facsimile; sentience and free will a plus
- able to pay the rent
- cat-friendly (and not allergic to cat hair)
- no contagious angst, able to handle interpersonal issues constructively
- no life-stage conflicts (able to live and socialize harmoniously with mid-late twenty-something professional/grad student types)
- reasonably neat, at least as far as not getting in the way of other people goes (most chaos here is confined to personal spaces)
- tolerant of people (our friends include geek/poly/queer/just plain weird people)
- tolerant of the presence of meat in the kitchen
- doesn't mind ratatosk practicing the horn
- "funky" (or at the very least well-acquainted with the funk)
Abbie would also tolerate a second cat, if you have one, provided it plays well with others.
Let me know if you know of someone who would love this opportunity. It really is an awesome house, amazing location and we love it a lot, and we would enjoy continuing to love it with a brand-new housemate. You may even be able to move in halfway through November with pro-rated rent, but we'll discuss that if need be. Feel free to reply here or to rnoyes (at) gmail (doot) com.