January 27th, 2005
|12:29 am - new movie game time!|
Okay it's time for another movie game cause we can't get enough of these. This time around it's movie taglines you gotta guess. Some are easy gimmes, some (I hope) are obscure, and one of 'em is ultra sneaky, by the way. I like the rule that says "one correct guess per person" so pick the one you think you'll look the coolest answering, and just notate which other ones you know, okay? And no IMDBing or Googling, you!
EDIT: oops, the #4 was slightly off. byrneout set me straight. FANKS EASTUH BUNNY! BOCK BOCK!
1. He loved the American Dream. With a vengeance.
Scarface - archangelsk
2. You'll laugh again. You'll cry again. You'll hurl again.
Wayne's World 2 - quodlibetic
3. A family comedy without the family.
Home Alone - davidglasser
It's fantastic! It's terrific!
Citizen Kane - two hunnerd points to byrneout
5. Will your school be next?
Rock & Roll High School - jadasc
6. More offensive than Mandingo! More shocking than Behind The Green Door! More erotic than Deep Throat!
Catholic High School Girls in Trouble - aussie_nyc
7. She'll change your life.
Amelie - cropherb
8. There's a good reason some talent remains undiscovered.
Waiting for Guffman - tablesaw
9. The year's BIG laugh, music and girl show!
10. It's not a sequel. It's not a prequel. It's an equal.
Shock Treatment - jadasc
11. They don't know each other's name. But they've got each other's number.
Reservoir Dogs - yuda
12. They built the city to see what makes us tick. Last night, one of us went off.
Dark City - pbmath
13. ...all it takes is a little confidence.
14. Everybody who's ever been funny is in it!
15. SLAM EVIL!
The Phantom - zrblm
#2. Wayne's World 2.
|Date:||January 27th, 2005 06:11 am (UTC)|| |
#11 is, of course, Reservoir Dogs.
Although it could be re-used, interestingly, for a remake of the Shop Around the Corner/Pillow Talk/You've Got Mail plot (substituting, of course, phones for pen pal/email)
I would have enjoyed You've Got Mail much more had it also ended in a bloody shootout.
|Date:||January 27th, 2005 06:15 am (UTC)|| |
I know a couple of these, but I'll go with 15 because it's the dumbest tagline ever: The Phantom.
Oh, isn't it, though? Makes Evil seem like a $1.99 shooter at a sports bar.
All the ones I knew have been taken, so I'm left making an only partially certain guess, but I think #8 may be Waiting for Guffman.
15 is The Phantom. Because of that movie I still hate Billy Zane to this day.
I hated Billy Zane for Titanic, myself. But he wasn't SLAMMING EVIL!!1 in Titanic.
|Date:||January 27th, 2005 12:10 pm (UTC)|| |
15. The Phantom
12. Dark City
10. Shock Treatment (Was that ever a tag line, or simply a rationale by Ritz?)
5. Rock 'N' Roll High School?
Hey! One per customer!
...oh, okay, I'll give you the two nobody else had gotten yet. If you want to give one of your answers to charity, though, I'm sure the young dear would appreciate it.
6 is Catholic High School Girls In Trouble, via Kentucky Fried Movie.
|Date:||January 27th, 2005 01:50 pm (UTC)|| |
argh, you nabbed the only one I knew!
You got the one I thought would be super sneaky! But it is you who are the super sneakier!
|Date:||January 27th, 2005 02:38 pm (UTC)|| |
The world, Chico, and everything in it.
Number one is Scarface.
|Date:||January 28th, 2005 05:56 am (UTC)|| |
Re: The world, Chico, and everything in it.
Here's where I would've put a witty Scarface joke about eating pussy or polluted wombs if I'd come up with one quick enough!
14 sounds like a description of Blues Brothers, but i don't think that it's the actual tagline.
Not quite, though it definitely is a cameo-driven film.
I do believe that #4 is 'Citizen Kane.'
Yes. Well, the answer you gave me via IM is the Yes. So you get two hunnerd points. GO TO VEGAS AND PARTY
|Date:||January 28th, 2005 05:50 pm (UTC)|| |
#14 - It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. (I think I got the right number of Mads in there.)